This dresser has been in my stash for a couple of years, just waiting for inspiration to hit. It was very…orange.
And as you can see, the top was in rough shape, but overall, it was structurally sound and I didn’t have to make any repairs.
I lightly sanded the top and used Rustoleum Wood Stain in Weathered Gray. I sealed it with Varathane Polyurethane, 3 coats. Love!!
I had a vision in my mind of what I wanted it to look like and the process I would need to use to get the look…but like every piece of furniture I redo, they evolve as I’m working on them and this dresser was no exception!
Here’s the products I used:
Old Town Paints – French Blue
Old Town Paints – Gray Glaze
I painted 1 coat of Old Town Paints in French Blue and then glazed with Old Town Paints Gray Glaze, straight out of the can, then wiped back in some areas. Then I started sanding, it’s so therapeutic!! I have to admit, I wasn’t really going for this rustic, see-through wood look, but I loved what I was seeing. When I was done sanding, I did go back in areas that were a little bright and used more of the Grey Glaze. I sealed with 2 coats of Varathane Polyurethane.
And here’s the after.
For the handles, I dry brushed the French Blue and sealed with Rustoleum Matte Clear Enamel in a spray can.
Look at those details!!
Meet Lexie, my little photo bomber!!
I love how this dresser turned out and I hope you do too!